Sunday, March 9, 2008

Ummm we are going to raise your rent..

Last Monday Michaela called me up at work telling me that our landlord just called, and said his ARM loan was increased and he would be raising our rent. "He said what" was my first reaction, quickly followed by "We just signed a contract in January, there must be something wrong". So, when I got home sure enough he wanted to raise the rate. Now, most people would have gone to there landlord demanding that they have a contract, and they could take legal action on this. Michaela and I had another plan. We called up the landlord telling him a rent increase was out of the question, and we would start looking for a new house immediately and hoped to get out by April/May. Well, that changed his tune and he was telling us we were still under contract. Sheesh.........

1 comment:

Jolyn said...

Good for you! I don't know of any dishonest homeowners (per your last post), but I have had a few dishonest landlords... fortunately, our current landlord is pretty good. But good for you on standing your ground!