Sunday, October 14, 2007

iPod & iPhone

So, I was in the Apple store yesterday, looking for a Macbook for Michaela. Yea, a Christmas present (so don't tell her). Okay, maybe an early one, as she would really like something new from school. Ummm... alright maybe it was just an excuse to go in, as I am waiting for the next operating system to come out. Anyway, while there I thought I would look at the new iPod touch, and see how it looked.

Well, it is okay looking, and web pages were for the most part visible. It pulled them up quickly, on the store's wifi and navigation was easy with pinching and scrolling with a finger. The flipping sideways worked great on the iPod, which is good because other electronic devices the tilt and direction sensing are usually kludgy. What was annoying was the on-screen keyboard. First, I tried with two thumbs, like previous devices I had with thumb boards. This gave awful accuracy. So, I went "hunt and peck" with my index finger, and it improved but was slow. So, it wouldn't be something I would write on a lot on. Which is good, because I was going to post in this blog "Written by an iPhone" or iPod, but the onscreen keyboard would not come up when I clicked in any of the fields to post. And Gmail, forget about it. So, is it going to enter my Christmas list? No I have my eyes on the versatile and larger N810 right now.

Oh yea, I looked at both the iPod and iPhone. The iPhone keyboard worked better, and the screen was clearer. The only thing the iPod did better was keep fingerprints from showing.

No comments: